The Legend Continues…
Twenty-four heart-rending tales with elements of terror, mystery, and a nightmarish darkness that knows no end.
Welcome to my lake. Welcome to where dreams and hope are illusions…and pain is God.
- This anthology begins with Joe R. Lansdale’s The Folding Man, one of his darkest stories ever written.
- Kealan Patrick Burke’s Go Warily After Dark pulls us into a desolated world, and reminds us of the price of survival: a guilt that seeps into the marrow.
- Damien Angelica Walter’s Everything Hurts, Until it Doesn’t places us in the middle of a family whose secrets and traditions are thicker than blood.
- Jennifer Loring’s When the Dead Come Home explores a loss so dark, that even the stars are sucked into its melancholic vacuum.
In the spirit of popular Dark Fiction and Horror anthologies such as Gutted: Beautiful Horror Stories and Behold: Oddities, Curiosities and Undefinable Wonders, and the best of Stephen King’s short fiction, comes Crystal Lake Publishing’s Tales from The Lake anthologies.
This fourth volume of Speculative Fiction contains the following short stories:
- Jennifer Loring – When the Dead Come Home
- Joe R. Lansdale – The Folding Man
- Kealan Patrick Burke – Go Warily After Dark
- T. E. Grau – To the Hills
- Damien Angelica Walters – Everything Hurts, Until it Doesn’t
- Sheldon Higdon – Drowning in Sorrow
- Max Booth III – Whenever You Exhale, I Inhale
- Bruce Golden – The Withering
- JG Faherty – Grave Secrets
- Hunter Liguore – End of the Hall
- David Dunwoody – Snowmen
- Timothy G. Arsenault – Pieces of Me
- Maria Alexander – Neighborhood Watchers
- Timothy Johnson – The Story of Jessie and Me
- Michael Bailey – I will be the Reflection Until the End
- E.E. King – The Honeymoon’s Over
- Darren Speegle – Song in a Sundress
- Cynthia Ward – Weighing In
- Michael Haynes – Reliving the Past
- Leigh M. Lane – The Long Haul
- Mark Cassell – Dust Devils
- Del Howison – Liminality
- Gene O’Neill – The Gardener
- Jeff Cercone – Condo by the Lake
With an introduction by editor Ben Eads. Cover art by Ben Baldwin. Proudly represented by Crystal Lake Publishing – Tales from The Darkest Depths.