One thing’s for sure, 2016 was one for the record books. And it’s all thanks to you, our amazing fans.
It was a year that saw our readership triple with the release of Gutted: Beautiful Horror Stories, and a year that took me from teaching primary school (a job I eventually grew to despise) to being a full time publisher working from my desk at home. I’ve always been more of an entrepreneur than a teacher, and it feels great to realize a dream I’ve had for more than 10 years. I won’t stop teaching, so I’ll start presenting some online workshops on publishing, writing, marketing, and online business early in the new year. As long as I don’t have to stand in front of a class while a tie is slowly strangling me.
Here are a few highlights from 2016. We…
- published our 45th book earlier this month
- moved into the audiobook realm
- published our first Afrikaans eBook (Italian coming soon)
- worked with the likes of Neil Gaiman and Clive Barker
- opened our own online merchandise shop
- joined Patreon (and reached out $300 a month goal earlier today)
- started mentoring and editing programs for authors
- won two Bram Stoker awards for Eden Underground and Little Dead Red. I also received my 2nd nomination as a non-fiction editor.
- moved to this awesome new website
I have big plans for 2017, so be sure to keep an eye on our website throughout January. We’ll also send out our 2017 publishing schedule in a few days.
Have a wonderful 2017. See you there.
Founder and CEO
Crystal Lake Publishing